Intro to Business
Are you interested in exploring the world of business in a project-based environment? Do you like working in teams, thinking creatively and taking on real-world business scenarios? Are you interested in classes that equip you to prepare business plans? Join our Entrepreneurship & Business Pathway and dive in on real-world business concepts and plans!
This Pathway teaches you ...
- Develop a business plan
- Develop an entrepreneur mindset
- Create business mission and strategy
- Generate business ideas
- Learn about individual and small business startups
- Proficiency in various software tools
Real-world opportunities through this Pathway include ...
- Articulation with Moorpark College (COUN M02 - Career & Life Planning)
- Real-world business assignments including development of a business plan
- Grouped with small learning communities to network with students, teachers and entrepreneurs
This Pathway will prepare me for …
Students who have completed this Pathway will leave with the vision, knowledge and skills to explored higher education opportunities, such as a bachelor’s degree in business or a Master of Business Administration (MBA), including business law, marketing, finance and banking, accounting, risk management, human resources, economics, sales and customer service. Students will utilize the entrepreneurial skills learned to pursue competitive advantage in the job market and workplace.
About the Pathway teacher
Blending his past experience in athletic sales and marketing with his passion for coaching and teaching, Mr. Brosnan gives students the opportunity to learn more about business and entrepreneurship while developing important life skills. Mr. Brosnan has successfully coached Newbury Park High School's Cross Country and Track & Field teams to earn recognition at the state and national levels.