Geographic Information Systems
Are you interested in a school-within-a-school, supportive learning environment? How about field trips, computers and technology? The NPHS DATA Academy brings together a small group of students and teachers who support each other and work together for three years. Focus is on career experience, technology and post-secondary planning.
This Pathway teaches you ...
- Visual Basic and game programming
- Central ideas of computing, computer science, computational thinking practices, multidisciplinary connections and abstraction/analysis
- Technology and environmental sciences through analysis of geospatial information and field work
Real-world opportunities through this Pathway include ...
- Cohort model - school within a school
- Three-year, cross-disciplinary program
- Support systems for student success in CP-level curriculum
- Field trips
- Guest speakers
- Career-readiness support: resume writing, LinkedIn profile building, job shadow and internship search support