This Pathway teaches you ...
- Architectural design principles
- History of architecture design, style and related careers
- Increased awareness of residential and commercial forms
- Understanding of built environments
Real-world opportunities through this Pathway include ...
This Pathway will prepare me for …
- Work in the architectural and engineering fields
- Utilization of computer-aided drafting machines to design projects
- Careers in engineering, architecture and manufacturing
- Problem-solving, collaborative work environments
What our students are saying ...
“My work with the CAD software has taught me how to work with computers better in a higher-technology environment. I have also learned all about building codes, how homes function and how to make a building feel like a home. I plan to become a civil engineer or an architect, so these skills will help to springboard me into these careers.” - Ezra R., 12th Grade
"One of my career goals is to become an interior designer, so the architectural design course helps me to learn all about home design through the lens of architecture. The skills from this course will transfer to interior design so that I will be one step closer to my future goals. My favorite part about these classes is learning about the effort to build a home from the foundation, the planning and the execution necessary from the team of designers to make an idea a reality. I would like to encourage other girls to take these classes and be empowered with these skills.” - Chiara C., 12th Grade