This Pathway teaches you ...
- Introduction to construction materials and methods through hands-on application
- Essential tool safety and handling
- 15 different industry trades
- Building skills to bring blueprints to life
- Woodworking principles and industry practices
- How to use hand tools
- Use of modern machinery
Real-world opportunities through this Pathway include ...
- Students will have the opportunity to earn their OSHA certificate
- Students learn the basics in 15 different trades, which will increase their opportunities for hiring in the future
- Students are introduced to industry standard techniques to be competitive in future job interviews
- Construction Technology Team that competes in building competitions to demonstrate construction skills, develop student leadership and teamwork
- Guest speakers share their experiences, provide advice and empower students to envision their future in these construction-related industries
- Each unit of study provides students a hands-on learning experience to reinforce the concepts in order to further the learning and skill development
This Pathway will prepare me for …
What our students are saying ...
“This program has taught me skills that will help me fix things in my own home in the future. I am still considering my future career opportunities, but with this Construction Technology course, I know that I can explore these jobs with confidence. I also like that we got to earn our OSHA safety certification.”
- Keaton W.
“Woodworking Principles helps me develop teamwork and critical thinking skills. I enrolled in this class because I really like working with my hands and wanted to learn more about tools and how to use them. I am one of the only girls, but this class has shown me that I can do what I love and not hide my passion for woodworking.”
- Kelly G.